LR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archer tips

Go down

Archer tips Empty Archer tips

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:33 pm

I've done some reading on the official site from several high level archers, and have determined what skills are best to take on your way up to level 30.

I recommend spending 1 point to acquire Stage 1 in the following skills:

Dash - 1 point gets you a constant +10% to your run speed. Subsequent points get you an additional +2% which is not really worth the point.
Nimbleness - 1 point gets you 3 Agility, and additional points only add 1 point of Agility. Again, additional points are not worth it, IMHO
Sure Sight - 1 point gets you a 5% bonus to Accuracy, which is nice, especially when trying to hit higher level mobs. Each additional point adds
only 1%

I recommend maxing out the following skills as soon as possible:

Piercing Shot - If fired into a tight group of mobs or line of mobs, it will hit all of them. Good for group attacks, can be dangerous if soloing
however. It does excellent damage, though and is great when you happen to have two mobs on you while you're solo.

Fire Shot
or - This is a matter of preference, really. Fire Shot gives you a short Damage over Time, and the Wind Shot hits for a little more
Wind Shot dmg but has no DoT. Regardless, if your weapon has the appropriate element stones these attacks pack a whole lotta hurtin'.

Power Bow
of - Again, a matter of preference to boost your attack. However I suggest you decide to use one or the other permanently,
Power XBow I've tried both and decided on Bow myself. It's a waste of points to spend in both, IMHO

Rock Skin
and - Rock skin is a personal defense buff and Animal Soul is a group within radius Attack and Defense buff. Maxing these out helps
Animal Soul you and your group, especially if you are group leader and give additional defense to begin with (+10)

Poison Shot - This is a nice skill. It hits hard, and has a nice DoT.

Future points to spend:

There are multiple skills that lower run speed or defense, or both. I intend to spend some points towards one to slow down the running PKers so they may be brought to LR-style justice Twisted Evil That's really the only purpose of a run speed debuff shot, as you can get away from most any PvE mob without run buffs anyhow.

Suggestion:

Don't bother acquiring more than a total of 3 combat attack skills. If you were to fire all three consecutively, by the time you're done with the 3rd one the 1st will be reset and ready to fire again. So spending skill points on 4 combat attack skills is a waste of points that can be utilized elsewhere, I say. Only get a 4th combat skill when you're ready to use it in place of one of your original 3.

Will include more tips as I become aware of'em

Back to top Go down

Archer tips Empty Re: Archer tips

Post by W1nst0n Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:16 pm

Nice post Kach, thanks for the info Very Happy
W1nst0n
W1nst0n
Admin
Admin

Archlord Info
Character: W1nst0n
Level: 6x