LR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weapons and Armour - The Mystery Explained

2 posters

Go down

Weapons and Armour - The Mystery Explained Empty Weapons and Armour - The Mystery Explained

Post by W1nst0n Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:36 pm

O.K. Probably the most confusing thing in this game is the item stats and upgrading process. This little ditty should help clear up a good part of the confusion players come across with these matters.

First Weapons : Weapons come in all shapes and sizes and each class has a choice of at least 2. one which hits hard and slow and one which hits soft and fast. Regardless of the weapon, one question remains - what makes this one better than that other one of the same type?
There are two main considerations, number of slots [0/4] and the green stats that the weapon come with. The green stats are fixed to the weapon and will produce the bonus affect always. What to look for with these are high physical attack and for classes that use elemental attacks (casters and archers) high All Elemental bonus. I should also point out that Knights can make good use of the Attack Accuracy bonus as well, up until you get the buff which boosts it instead. Now to the slots. When filling the slots in a weapon it is allot to do with your class what you really want to put in it. the classes with elemental attacks should be looking to stone their weapon with the elemental stone of their highest attack, as this will compound a bonus onto that attack. Classes which do not use elemental attacks will be looking to fill the slots with Attack Prayer stones. This said, Attack Prayer stones are more than just a little expensive and they seem to fail allot more than elemental stones do, so you can use elemental stones in place of the Attack ones. You should always use all of the same elemental stones as this will give a better attack, and if you have 4 of the same type and level you get an added unlisted bonus to damage. Another thing to note about Prayer Stones is that if they fail during the upgrade process they may reset the slots back to empty. Hence why most people stick with elemental stones. So, rule of thumb - look for alot of slots and a good + in physical attack.

Second Armour : And if you think Weapons was complicated, this is worse again.
When you are getting armour you are again looking for slots and green stats. What you are looking for depends on level and how you want to play your character. up untill level 30 there is no point in "skill block" as you can't PvP and skill block only defends you against another players skill attacks (and yes this includes casters spells). So with that in mind don't even make skill block a consideration till your lvl 26 armour set and even later if you are not planing on PvPing much. when stoning you armour only put the elemental stones in boots, gloves and helm, as body and leg pieces can hold much more useful stones. Look for a helm that has all stats +X, body with high physical defence (and high skill block at the preferred level), as well as some sort of bonus to HP/MP. Legs look for high physical defence and high resistance to physical attack. Gloves and boots go for whatever suits your character best. You should only really be looking at body and leg parts with at least 2 slots in them. you will want to put a Physical Resistance paryer stone in both body and legs, with a defence in body and a skill block in legs. Generally speaking that is. Again tailor to suit yourself.

Finally a little note on reinforcing: This is an expensive pass time, and often not worth it till later levels, you can often get a better item for the price of 5 ref pots than the benefit of using those pots on an item you have at lower levels. Be aware that ref pots can not only fail, but they can also reset the item back to +0 when they feel like it. There is no set pattern to know when or if this will happen, you just need to cross all those extremities that can be crossed and hope like hell it doesn't.

Hope This Helps
W1nst0n
W1nst0n
Admin
Admin

Archlord Info
Character: W1nst0n
Level: 6x
Class: Berserker

Back to top Go down

Weapons and Armour - The Mystery Explained Empty Re: Weapons and Armour - The Mystery Explained

Post by ExShinraSOLDIER Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:56 pm

i'd like to add something,

some of the things that are not known about stoning and reinforcing items.

normal items- can fail from +2 and above and can reset from +4 and above
Rare items- can fail for +2 and above and can reset from +5 and above
Unique items - can fail from +3 and above and can reset from +6 and above
Elite items - can fail from +3 and above and can reset from +6 and above

sometimes depending on what W1nst0n stated erlier, there is a chance "when they feel like it" through reinforcing you can infact destroy your items. and when i say destroy i mean never to be seen again, as in deleated PERMENANTLY. it has only happend to me twice through reinforcing, once on lvl 52 knights rare armour and once on lvl 35 archer rare armour.

i personaly think a great deal of an item demolishing relies number of failed reinforcing and failed stoning attempts an item has previously gone through.

the more failed attempts at both stoning and reinforcing an item has been put through, the greater the chance of you demolishing it.

Weapons
weapons can only be reset during stoning when you are using prayer stones of any kind. The higher the reinforced lvl of a weapon is while you are stoning it the lower the chance of prayer stones working on it. This is said to be the same with elemental stones also.

Pushing the boundaries and adding more then 5 attack prayer stones can infact demolish your weapon, regardless of weapon type, lvl, slots and reinforced lvl.

The safest way i have done it myself is by adding 3-4 prayer stones, then adding an elemental stone, then another 3-4 prayer stones stones.
with an elemental stone in a weapon there is NO chance of it reseting itself after the first elemental stone has been added.
this does not mean that the stones will 100% succeed in stoning, but it means your weapon will not reset when adding attack prayer stones.

Armours
these often reset when a physical resistance prayer stone or stun resistance/slow resistance prayer are beeing added.
other then that i have not known an armour to reset with Defence, HP+, Stamina+ and MP+ prayer stones.
however that does not mean that it is not possible, this is after all Archlord, and making the best gear for ur class and lvl gear with Ubber stats can often seem to be 95% impossible.

word of advice, dont do what many have done before and risk your best items just for that last slot, or that last Reinforcing. Especialy when u have no backup and no money. You dont want to be running around grinding or in towns with missing armour or weapons do you?? Razz

Last edited by ExShinraSOLDIER on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
ExShinraSOLDIER
ExShinraSOLDIER

Archlord Info
Character: Exshinra
Level: -10
Class: Knight

Back to top Go down

Weapons and Armour - The Mystery Explained Empty Re: Weapons and Armour - The Mystery Explained

Post by W1nst0n Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:06 am

Nice Ex, do you know if the ele stone trick works in three and four slotted armour too? i.e. if you stuck an ele stone in the first slot it won't reset when you try the phys resist and stun resist?

just curious Smile
W1nst0n
W1nst0n
Admin
Admin

Archlord Info

Back to top Go down

Post by ExShinraSOLDIER Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:46 am

im not quiet sure about that one bro
up to this day i have not realy experimented with elemental stones in armour tops, simply because its not realy needed.

pvp armour

Slot 1: Physical resistance
Slot 2: HP +
Slot 3: Stamina +
Slot 4: Slow resistance

PvE armour
Slot 1:Physical resistance
Slot 1:Stamina +
Slot 1:Defence stone
Slot 1:Defence stone

in armour bottoms is were i usualy put an elmental stone, mainly Magic or Water depending on my shoes, gloves and helm.
right now the max slots u can get for bottoms is 3 slot, but i saw screens of armours with 5 slots and bottoms with 4 slots from later EPic's in china and Korea Suspect

i can test if armours can reset with elemental stones in them, but it may take a lil while Razz

Last edited by ExShinraSOLDIER on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
ExShinraSOLDIER
ExShinraSOLDIER

Archlord Info
Character: Exshinra
Level: -10
Class: Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by W1nst0n Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:40 am

lol m8, I was just curious was all Laughing but if you want to find out, go for it Very Happy
W1nst0n
W1nst0n
Admin
Admin

Archlord Info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum